Monday, August 3, 2009

My most recent project

Every summer I try to do a home improvement project. Last summer I redecorated my living room, refinished an old dining table and made slip covers for the chairs. I didn't have time to do any window treatments, so I did them this summer. I built cornices using wood moldings and fabric. I did the actual wood cutting on the back porch, but the construction I did in the house. It's too hot out there! Here are some pics, before, after and during the project.
This is my work area, a cornice in the process of being built.
How do you like my chip clip clamps? It worked.








living room before cornices.














Living room after the cornices and sheers.












Dining room, I just need to change out the light fixture,
I have a larger iron one to put there. The chandelier is
going to go over my bathtub (my husband doesn't know that yet.)

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

MOM!! I LOVE THEM! As always you did a great job. They look great!

Jenna said...

wow they turned out so pretty! come do my house next!

Alisa said...

Very impressive!

Tane' Smith said...

Shelley, you are so great at decorating! I LOVE walking into your house and just looking at everything, if you ever want some new projects, my house needs a lot of work! haha jk. By the way, I never got to thank you for making my vail. I loved it, and have gotten sooo many compliments on it! You did such a wonderful job, I am so greatful to have you, dwight, jenna, devon, and londyn in my life! I don't know what I would have done without you guys! You are my TRUE family! I love you all! Thank you for always being so great to me! Love- Tane'

rusty and julie thatcher said...

you are so awesome!!!!! it all looks great!

The Thatchers said...

I LOVE IT!!! they look so so so good. You are awesome!

Spencer and Caroline Family said...

Wanna come do some projects at my house? You are SO TALENTED!