Thursday, October 9, 2008

As some of you know I am an Art teacher at a Jr. High - High School in Mesa. I love my job, and I love my students. This week we have been working on art work using colored pencils, not your usual colored pencils, but really nice, quality colored pencils, that if used correctly can produce art work that looks like an oil painting. I enjoy doing projects along with my students. I decided to reproduce a photo from our Mexico trip. This is two of my granddaughters (Reece and Paige) playing in the sand and the waves. I hope no one minds if I show some of my art on my blog. I have no other venue to display, other than my home and gifts to loved ones. Art is one of my passions and it brings me so much happiness. Doing art work of and for my family members is just pure joy.

4 comments:

Kelli and Craig said...

Shelly that look samazing! Great job!

Shannon Martin said...

I absolutely love it, colored pencil? I want to see more!

Alyssa said...

Mom, your awesome. I love you!

Team Dana said...

Amazing! Colored pencils? Post more, please!